- Personal Data is data or information that relates to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a physical person who can be directly or indirectly identified through identifiers such as their name, ID number, and location. An identifiable person can also be identified through attributes related to their cultural, economic, psychological or social identity. This definition corresponds with Art.4(1) GDPR.
- A Data Controller is the legal entity in control of determining what data is collected, how it is collected, and what it is used for. In this instance, Crypto Genius is the Data Controller.
- A Data Processor is the person, company or entity responsible for handling data as per request of the Data Controller. A single Data Controller may work with several Data Processors simultaneously.
- Processing Personal Data refers to all operations relating to users’ Personal Data. This includes, but is not limited to, the collection, storage, processing, alteration, transfer, and deletion of the data.
- The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Collecting Personal Data
Crypto Genius collects Personal Data to help benefit our users and refine our website. There are multiple ways that we collect Personal Data.
For example, when you create an account on our website, you volunteer information like your name and contact details such as your email address, phone number, and country of residence. It is essential for us to collect this data as it allows us to finish the set-up of your account. Similarly, if you wish to contact us, you will need to submit your contact details in the contact form so we can respond to your query and assist you.
There is also a possibility that other nonspecific information related to your demographics will also be collected by Crypto Genius. This Personal Data allows us to learn more about our visitors to help us improve their user experience.
The information you give to us is private and will not be utilised for any other reason than what is necessary for our services and website to function. We will not disclose your confidential information without consent. By creating an account, contacting us, or using any services, you give us your consent to collect your Personal Data.
Processing Personal Data
Crypto Genius legally processes your Personal Data under the following grounds:
- Contractual: We need to collect Personal Data from you to provide you with our services.
- Legal Compliance: We are required by the GDPR and other laws to collect Personal Data from users.
- Legitimate Interest: As per the GDPR, if we can prove a legitimate interest concerning the collection of your Personal Data, we can override your right to privacy.
- Consensual Collection: There is a possibility that we collect Personal Data for other reasons. In this case, we will always ask for explicit consent.
Crypto Genius is not the direct Data Processor and is not responsible for storing data on its servers. We share your data with the broker you are assigned to. This broker is the Data Processor and is responsible for all activities related to the processing of your data. If you have any queries, please contact your broker.
The Purpose of Data Collection
Collecting and processing your Personal Data is important to us. This is due to Personal Data playing a vital role in the development of our website and the services we offer.
The main reasons for collecting and processing Personal Data include the following:
- To allow you to use our services: If you would like to set up an account on Crypto Genius, then you will need to provide your name and contact details. By completing our registration form, you are giving us your consent to collect the data you provide.
- To enable us to communicate with you: If you have any questions about our services or would like to contact us for any other reason, you will need to submit a contact form containing contact details. This ensures that we can respond to your query.
- To allow us to inform you of limited promotions: Crypto Genius may also promote special offers for a limited time. When a promotion is active, we would like to inform you of it. To do this, you will need to give us your contact details so we can process it.
- To allow us to improve our website: For your benefit, we constantly strive to improve the way our website functions. By collecting and processing your Personal Data, we can identify which areas of our website need to be refined.
You will encounter the following cookies on this website:
These cookies ensure that features on our website are available and work as originally intended. They are the most important type of cookie; without them, our website will not work properly.
Google Analytics Cookies
Through our agreement with Google, we can use Google Analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors behave when interacting with our website and its features. This helps us learn how to improve the website and boost our user experience.
Third-party cookies belonging to affiliated brokerages may also be distributed throughout our website. The third-party cookies you encounter will belong to the brokerage you have been randomly assigned after creating an account on our website.
We do not store any data on our servers. We ensure to only collect and process data that is necessary for us to operate our services.
After account creation, users will be connected with a randomly assigned broker. This broker is the Data Processor and is responsible for processing, storing, protecting, and deleting your Personal Data. We ensure to partner with brokerages who adhere to all privacy laws that apply to them. Please note that these laws may vary depending on where the brokerage operates.
Crypto Genius pursues strict safety measures to ensure that all Personal Data is kept safe and not exposed to more than the minimum necessary personnel. We will not share data with any third parties unless legally ordered to do so. In these cases, we will notify users and request their consent.
If in the rare instance, we are obliged by a governmental entity to disclose your Personal Data, we will act in accordance with the law and may share this data with authorities. Any requests for your Personal Data will be thoroughly reviewed to determine their legitimacy and whether the request outweighs our users’ privacy rights.
Crypto Genius only shares Personal Data with third parties with the users’ explicit consent. Any data sharing we do is done according to all applicable privacy laws.
Your Privacy Rights
As per the GDPR and other privacy laws, you, as the user, have several fundamental rights regarding the collection and processing of your data.
In relation to Crypto Genius, you have the right to:
- Subject access: You may request the Data Controller to grant you access to your Personal Data.
- Restriction: You may request the Data Controller to limit access to your Personal Data in specific circumstances.
- Transfer: You may request the Data Controller to have your Personal Data transferred to a third party.
- Rectification: You may request the Data Controller to make amendments to your Personal Data if you believe it was not accurately recorded.
- Deletion: You may request that some or all of your Personal Data be deleted by the Data Controller and any third parties that also have access to it.
- Complain: You may file a complaint to authorities if you believe your Personal Data has been mishandled or the Data Controller has violated any privacy laws relevant to your country of residence.
All users also have the right to withdraw their consent to data collection. They may also contest the Data Controller’s grounds for the processing of their data based on legitimate interest if the user can prove that their right to privacy outweighs this claim.
Additional privacy laws may apply in your country of residence.
If you have any questions, please complete the contact form to get in touch with us.